It’s that time of year again where we trade in our beloved hot cup of coffee for something more weather appropriate.
Do you ever come back home from the coffee shop and wish you could make the same wonderful coffee you had there? Then you look around the kitchen and Amazon and in frustration say ‘no way’. Well, you’re in luck! Now armed with just a French Press, filtered water, Pachamama Coffee, and some patience: you too can brew like a barista and have that smooth cold brew in the comfort of your home!
So here it is, how to brew the best tasting cold brew at home from the experts at Pachamama.
Things you’ll need:
- Pachamama Cold Brew Beans
- 1L French Press
- 1L Water
For cold brew we use a 1:11 ratio, which means we use 1 gram of coffee per 11 ml of water. So if you are using a smaller or larger french press than the one we are in this recipe you can simply adjust the amount of coffee and water to match this ratio!
- No scale, no problem! This is about 6 tbsp of (ground) coffee
- If you don’t have a grinder at home, just ask your barista to grind your beans for cold brew when you come into the cafe.
- Make sure you leave enough space at the top of the press to put the lid on without spilling water over
- We recommend transferring any remaining cold brew to a carafe so the coffee does not become over extracted. Discard the grounds at the bottom of the french press and prepare for another batch of smooth and crisp iced coffee.